to test if a site is down for everyone or just you.
Find out if the server is working correctly.
If you can not access the website but this service says the site is ok, then probably most users can access the site but
you may have a local connection problem.
Our server tries to reach the destination server using a web request (http request, port 80).
Some possible causes why the server is down just for you:
- Your browser may be trying to reach a wrong or old site IP (this may happen if your DNS is not updated).
- Your Internet service provider may have a routing problem that is not reaching the network where the site is hosted.
- May be the server is really up but there is a software problem in the server (e.g. "internal server error", database connection error, script error,
web server configuration error...).
If the server is down for everyone, some reasons may be:
- Server is offline (power off)
- Server is on but server network is unreachable
- Server overload (low memory, high cpu usage, server slow, too many simultaneous connections)
Short link (easy to remember) to serverisdown.com: